Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Listed building in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwilko

Gas Engineer
I ve been to price a new boiler for a customer of mine who has told me the building is listed. There is currently a balanced flue ideal Mexico 2 there and the new flue will go back through the same flue hole and be bricked up around it in the same stone but it's never going to be a perfect match. What I want to know is where do I stand with the planning? Customer just wants me to go ahead and do it but I'm a little concerned it will be my problem not theirs if the council don't like it. I ve done brand new installations on listed buildings where I had to get permission for the flue but this takes 6 to 8 weeks and the boiler is a non op at the minute. Are the rules different if it's being flued back in the same place? Thanks

Personally I would just do it couldnt give a monkeys about listing its a complete fass of a system policed by little Hitler's recruited from an inbreading pool of imbociles.

What grade of listing is it? in the first place. Making good will be the real issue, in sympathy with the building.

Agreed with solutions, heard once it took 8 weeks for heritage to agree on the colour of the mortar before work could commence, I'm sure your customer will not wont to wait till the middle of winter to thaw his nuts out.

Best endeavours first then find out what English Heritage want, as long as you are not disturbing the existing fabric.

Just get a disclaimer signed stating no responsibility for planning requirements etc

If you don't do it am sure they'll find someone else who will.....listed building or not !!!

Yeah, I would do as Nostrum says and get a disclaimer signed. Or get him to sign saying making good to be organised by customer, and make good anyway.

Like someone else says, if you don't do it someone else will.

Leave the old balanced flue in place and come out through the middle of it. Job sorted, no making good to do.

Around these parts you have to apply for permission for any change to the existing, it varies from area to area though. And I personally wont touch it unless they have got permission.

They customer is actually a solicitor and it's their office building the boilers going in. She rang today to see if I'd do it if they wrote me a disclaimer taking full responsibility should anything come of it. Like everyone says if I don't do it someone will, and they are a very very good customer who deal with a lot of house sales etc and give me lots if work, very reluctant to let them get someone else as you can imagine.

when i was a school bursar, I had a house that needed a chimney taking down as it wasnt needed and was falling down, so planned to drop it and match tiles to cover up the fact it had gone. The school buildings around were listed grade 1 and 2*, this cottage wasnt, governors insisted I talk to buildings control, planners and heritage officer first against my advice. So I did, they visited site and carried out an emergency listing of the cottage on the spot making it a 2* listing ffs. So now I had to repair the unwanted chimney with hand made minature bricks, obtained from the only place I new, the West dean heritage village at a cost of some £8000 in all for the work!!!!!!!!!! knocking it down, own labour on site and a few tiles, bloody idiots running the asylum were pleased they avoided getting into trouble, didnt see that they wouldnt have done as the bloody building wasnt listed till they called the nematodes onto the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still would have required planning for this type of work.

Ive just finished a job on a listed building. They wanted to be involved in everything. The only thing that changed the fabric of the boiler was 8 or so pipe clips and the boiler bracket. All internal. The existing fittings in the building leave a lot to be desired as is and i dont feel the aesthetics have been compromised. 8 weeks seemed a long time to wait for yay or nay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Listed building in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm about to install a garden tap pipe on a new build, but I'm a bit confused with the pipework I'm seeing under the kitchen sink...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock