Search the forum,

Discuss Limit stat question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lazybee

Hello all , I just found your forum when having a google, I hope someone on can help me out?

my daughter's boiler has stopped giving hot water. The high limit stat has failed (open circuit). I can't get spares from the Manufacturer as they're from a French boiler marked and sold under the name of Leroy Merlin however all the internal parts are Italian. Leroy Merlin no longer supply parts for it.

The original limit stat (Thermo disc type) the range is: Close 105 degC open 150 degC. All the newer switches have a narrower operating range. I can get 120 degC to 150 degC. Does anyone think this will do as it will cause the boiler to fire up more often?

A virtual pint for anyone with a suggestion of advice,

cheers LB

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to www.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location.
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im...-gas-engineer

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man -http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/members/8668.html Redsaw -http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/members/2718.html who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competetence is unacceptable.

We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given.

Thank you.UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

[DLMURL]http://www.co-gassafety.co.uk/deaths.html[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Limit stat question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. New to the forum and I thought I would post a question. I have a Potterton Performa 28. I have had it serviced by the same chap (Professional Plumber Gas safe Registered) every year and he is a friend as we are both gigging musicians. As someone that builds power amps for the cinema...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
on Friday I had the hot water cylinder replaced as there was a leak in the old coil. On completion plumber asked me to use programmable room thermostat, Vaillant VRT360f, that is WI-FI connected to VR65 Control Centre to heat water. Boiler fired up and port valve opened, all good but after...
Replies
Views
Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who and I really do hope you will all show me mercy as I will admit even I have limitations, hence why I am here to ask for help. Basically, I have...
Replies
Views
Hi All. I hope you can help me. We have a 1970's 2 story house with Oil fired heating. The boiler is a Worcester Danesmoor 15/20 DF. (Its the original boiler from 1976). It is floor mounted in the kitchen in an alcove with the flu / chimney going directly up through the centre of the house...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock