Search the forum,

Discuss Limescale Reducer that uses cartridges? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaymc

Overheard a conversation today about a limescale filter that you change a cartridge with a yearly boiler service?
Got interrupted before I got a chance to ask what it was.
Just done a quick search but only found a "Combimate"

Any ideas?

Loads about, combi mate type. Screwfix sells one. Make sure you bypass the filling loop on boiler with alley HX

Loads about, combi mate type. Screwfix sells one. Make sure you bypass the filling loop on boiler with alley HX

I don't think you need to bypass the ally heat exchangers with these types of softeners... Only the proper water softeners!

Unless the Manu clears it I'd bypass to protect 10year warranty but that's just my view. Extra 5mins work and a 10 squid loop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Limescale Reducer that uses cartridges? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have repeatedly low water pressure from my taps and shower - but only on my first floor - due to having filters blocked by some substance that is not sediment or limescale. The crystals are easily crushed and slightly waxy,slimey. I had their chemistry analysed at work. It is not sediment...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. I replaced a cartridge about 18months ago for somebody and it’s failed again. Are they really only designed to last a couple of years? It’s in a catering kitchen so gets lots of use but I’m surprised it’s gone so quick.
Replies
Views
Hi, Recently noticed an issue with thermostatic shower that was determined to get sorted. The shower would drop (which got worse) and would not maintain temperature,due to water quality here and visible limescale in cartridges,decide to just replace entire shower for a nice new one. This...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn, cartridge to be delivered. Meanwhile I can't completely turn off the isolating (or service) valve, whose screwdriver slot is now knackered. So, with tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock