Discuss Lift/Turn Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

devondave

I don't know the correct term for these taps:dizzy2: but I have single hole basin taps with a lever that turns and lifts. The have been installed
about 7 or 8 years without problems but lately they have become very stiff when turning. Is there anything I can do to cure this?

turn your water off, then strip the tap and grease up the moving parts, that should do the trick :) simple as that

Use silicone grease or food grease.

Thanks simon/bob, I have done as you suggested. Taps now a lot better though not as good as new!! It was a bit daunting taking the plastic innards apart but only seemed to fit together one way, fortunately. Used silicone grease.

If you're still not happy, take em apart again and take them to your local plumbers merchant for a like to like replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lift/Turn Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I bought a basin tap single lever. It lifts up & to the right but won’t turn to the left for hot I haven installed it yet I’ve only put it on...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock