Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Legionella Risk Assessment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I've been asked to carry out Legionella Risk Assessments for a letting agency for whom I carry out all of their general plumbing and gas work for.
I've undertaken an operatives and managers course for Legionella Prevention.
Any information I find is relatively vague and refers mainly to commercial set ups and cooling towers etc.
The risk assessments I've come across seem more for the commercial side of things too.
I'm trying to formulate a risk assessment I can carry out in an NCR format much like Gas Safety Certificates and then draw the schematics on iPad or computer.
I'm looking for something that is purely for domestic dwellings. The properties I work on and will be risk assessing will be no greater then five bedroom houses.
Does anyone know of an example or can point me in the right direction please.
Kind regards,
Gasmouth.

Thanks for your reply. Have you used this template? They want payment for a subscription. Do you carry out the risk assessments your self?
Thanks.

Shouldn't you be going on a course for actually doing the work and not the managerial one? Lots of differences.

You would be deemed competent and qualified to manage but not qualified to do !

It was a course for managers and operatives, as explained in my original post. I was told by the college that this course does qualify me and give me the correct understanding to carry out risk assessments on any dwelling. But the only risk assessment example given was that from the HSE which covers all aspects not just residential, so I'm wondering if there is a specific risk assessment template for rented residential properties.

Hi, can't help with what your looking for. But I work for a company that doe's risk assessments, water monitoring and remedial work for Acop L8. Just a bit of advise mate, I would check that qualification because all of our risk assessors have had to do an NVQ course, don't know what yours was mate but obviously you don't want to be getting a massive fine or put in prison if something went wrong. I don't know what the legal requirements would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Legionella Risk Assessment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock