Search the forum,

Discuss Least number of radiators required on a combi circuit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi

I have a customer who wants a gas fired medway water heater taking out which is serving a couple of bathrooms, but the customer wants a combi boiler installing in its place. He wanted the combi boiler to just do the hot water for now, but wants some radiators connecting to it in the future, and suggested I just blanked the heating connections on the boiler. I told him unfortunately that would not be possible, doesnt work like that, and he would need at least one radiator conecting.

I would prefer to connect the boiler to more than one radiator as im sure this will burn the boiler out quicker and not get rid of enough heat before returning back to the boiler, the customer doesnt even want one rad, suggesting i just loop the flow and return a metre or so away from the boiler and go straight back in.

What are the minimum requirements here?

thanks

John

Never done it, but have it on good authority it used to be cheaper to buy cheap combi and loop flow/return than buying a water heater.

i dont know personally never done it, manufacturer would know best i suppose

I think you can use an intergas combi without rads. Other than that 1 rad would do the trick.

Ive done it on numerous occasions f/r linked under floor and works a treat, done it because of longer warranty on boiler than water heater

I'd assume as long as you put the minimum amount of pipe work that you can fit an auto by pass on it would be fine.

Think it's 3m?

Intergas combis can be run on the hot water circuit only with no need to have any heating pipes connected. I've commissioned hot water for customers without any heating circuit set up. Good boilers and great hot water delivery.

Cheers

rsr

id fit one rad on it, when winter comes and the customer likes the heat off it you will get the call to come and add a few more rads ;)

Just add one in with lock shields. As long as there is somewhere for the heat to go just in case they put the heating on.

seen it done where it didnt even have a loop, they had just capped off flow and return under the boiler, customer said it had been in 5 years without a problem, supprised me to see it, surely putting in a multipoint would have been cheaper and less prone to problems

As above Intergas combi, designed to run with no heating pipes. Just program it to run as a multipoint, and later when radiators fitted reprogram to run as combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Least number of radiators required on a combi circuit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock