Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Leaking Radiator tail pieces in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Just fitted a new towel radiator in my en-suit.
Unfortunately it's leaking from the tail piece you screw into the bottom of the rad. I wound round about 4 layers of PTFE tape too. I have since taken it off and wound round 8-9 layers and it screwed up nice and snug but still leaks from both sides and definitely from that join.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos and they screw the tail piece all the way until it stops but mine doesn't bottom out if I carried on the nut would fall into the rad so it's only sealed with the tape. Would a paste be worth adding?.

20-22 wraps required

Ptfe

Reply to Leaking Radiator tail pieces in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock