Search the forum,

Discuss leaking pipe fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peterwool

I have a very small leak in a black PVC rubber pipe between the meter and a first floor apartment, it is 25mm outside diameter, I have tried to locate the leak with listening device but have not been able to do so. To replace the pipe I would need to dig a channel across paved and tiled walkway, up the side of the apartment block and across a terrace, about 30 meters in total , difficult and expensive . A friend has suggested that I could use a thin polythene tube type liner to put inside thie leaking pipe much as you would a new electrical cable through conduit, it would go the whole length of the pipe, secured at each end and stop the water leak. it would not have to be heavy duty as the existig pipe would support the pressure but would stop the leak. I have searched the Internet to no avail has anybody heard of this solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking pipe fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a condensate pipe that appears to be leaking at the joint. How do I fix the leak? Would something like plumbers putty around the joint work or does it need to be some other compound? Can I simply pull the pipe and joint out and then put the compound round it Thanks
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
hi i have a drip leak from the bottom of this pipe see attached how do i fix it is there a video that would help me cheers
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock