Discuss Leaking Hose to garage sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoshZonker

Hi. This is my first question and sorry if I am a little ignorant to plumbing. Nobody in my family ever tought me and I've had a couple plumbers before who charge a ton and haven't done a great job. I want to learn and figure I should just start figuring stuff out. Anyway heres my question.

We have a sink next to our washer in dryer in the garage and one of the hoses started leaking. My instinct is to just take the hose off, bring it to Lowes, and try to buy another to replace it. Is that what I should do? It is kind of old and my step dad said it was done "micky mouse" and they don't sell hoses like that anymore, but he really doesn't know much about plumbing so I don't know if that is correct? Also since its old I don't know if it will be difficult to remove or if I might break something trying to get it off. So what should I do to get this fixed?

Hoses going to the sink are the gray ones coming from the bottom/back.

001.jpg

This is the sink, I don't know if thats relevant...

002.jpg

This is how the hose attaches to the bottom (a closeup of the first picture)

003.jpg

I didn't have good lighting to get a good pic of the attachment to the sink.

That definitely looks mickey mouse plumbing. Where does the other end connect to, I suspect you're going to have to redo quite a lot of that.

Oh goodness! Yea I am from the states. Maybe my micky mouse reference gave me away :-/ Anyway, I hope to still get some help.

I actually took the hose off and put a plug type thing on it so now the sink only gets hot water from the left hose. I just had to stop the leak. Any recommendations of what to do from there. Should it not be connecting to the sink like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Hose to garage sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock