Discuss Leaking Ceramic Cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called out to a mixer bath tap, been dripping for some time, owner had new cartridges that needed fitting. Put new cartridges on, but taps still leaking, so I took old ones home and put into an old tap and pressure tested to 3 bar, no leaks. Took back to house and replaced the new hot with an old one, leak stopped. I then took the new one home and did same pressure test, no leak. I can only surmise that the greater pressure has forced the rubber bung and discs tighter into cartridge body, does any one have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Ceramic Cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock