Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Laser level do you guys use them in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Ricardo Napoli

Ricardo Napoli New Member

Hey just brought a Stanley self levelling laser level as I used imone from a chippy the other day doing some heating drops. Just wondering if any of you guys use them on a dayly basis if so what on. Cheers guys.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yep rad brackets / levelling
    Boilers
    Flue runs
    Long runs of pipework
    Notching

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ricardo Napoli

Thanks for the reply. Such a handy bit of kit will be using it for most things then.

4. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Love them for putting a laser line around a room when fitting a couple rads. Quick check to show floor levels and no pencil marks on walls.
    Also perfect for marking electrical switch height positions around a kitchen or workshops

• Like Like x 5
  5. gmartine

gmartine GSR

What make n models do you good folks use, all I know is that the green lasered versions are easier to see.

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Hilti green

7. Ricardo Napoli

I’ve just brought a dewalt dw088 self levelling one.

8. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard GSR

@Ricardo Napoli@Ricardo Napoli is that the one on offer at screwfix.com at the moment?

9. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have used them , but then get my spirit level out to check its right

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ricardo Napoli

Yeah it’s the £129.99 one got like £30 off at the moment.

11. S.P.S.

S.P.S. GSR

Yes! I use a Bosch Pro red laser one, only a cheapy but does a fine job. Use it for most pipe runs (especially boilers) bath battens, lining up concealed shower fittings and FIC back plates, radiators (especially tall decorative ones), notching and drilling joists (brilliant for this) levelling anything really! I use a Stabila laser stand/expansion pole with it. Also useful for blinding the apprentice.

Stu.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard GSR

13. Ricardo Napoli

I haven’t used mine yet but my chippy mate was on a job with me and I was doing rad drops with a level he pulled his laser out and it was 10 times quicker he just hanged it up on the bracket it comes with and off you go

14. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

I’ve used a Hilti lazer level to do a commercial pipping job not used it since.

Don’t bother for small jobs.

15. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Hilti red laser for me.