Currently reading:
Large water pressure loss

Discuss Large water pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linswuk

Hello all. Am looking for some advice as to potential solutions to a worrying problem. Our boiler (Glow Worm Swiftflow ) is currently showing a loss of 0.5 bar pressure loss over a period of 12 hours. Having done some diy checks I fear the problem it is in the piping under ground floor level ( necessitating lifting of laminate flooring). Every morning I am having to replenish the boiler with water up to 1.5 bar. I leave it for a period of 15 mins and in that time the pressure rises to 2.0 bar. I checked it over a period of 2 hours and the pressure remains constant at 2.0. I have checked the expansion valve for any water - but none. I have checked all the radiators for any signs of leakage but none. I have checked in the double garage underneath the house and there is no obvious sign in the ceiling and surrounds of leakage.

Given all of this , is it now a case of having to lift the laminate flooring, section by section on a hit and miss basis or is there a more scientific way of detecting where the problem may be eg thermal imaging ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You could have another problem but would need a GSR engineer to sort it. Do you have a copper pipe sticking out the wall outside and is it wet/dripping?

Possibly Expansion vessel too small / Expansion air (as pressure raises when heated) Like mentioned need to get someone in

I would get someone in before lifting the floor

Have checked that piping and all is dry. Put a freezer bag around the pippe and no signs of any water/drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Large water pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock