Discuss Large water pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linswuk

Hello all. Am looking for some advice as to potential solutions to a worrying problem. Our boiler (Glow Worm Swiftflow ) is currently showing a loss of 0.5 bar pressure loss over a period of 12 hours. Having done some diy checks I fear the problem it is in the piping under ground floor level ( necessitating lifting of laminate flooring). Every morning I am having to replenish the boiler with water up to 1.5 bar. I leave it for a period of 15 mins and in that time the pressure rises to 2.0 bar. I checked it over a period of 2 hours and the pressure remains constant at 2.0. I have checked the expansion valve for any water - but none. I have checked all the radiators for any signs of leakage but none. I have checked in the double garage underneath the house and there is no obvious sign in the ceiling and surrounds of leakage.

Given all of this , is it now a case of having to lift the laminate flooring, section by section on a hit and miss basis or is there a more scientific way of detecting where the problem may be eg thermal imaging ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You could have another problem but would need a GSR engineer to sort it. Do you have a copper pipe sticking out the wall outside and is it wet/dripping?

Possibly Expansion vessel too small / Expansion air (as pressure raises when heated) Like mentioned need to get someone in

I would get someone in before lifting the floor

Have checked that piping and all is dry. Put a freezer bag around the pippe and no signs of any water/drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Large water pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock