Currently reading:
Large waste needed for reconditioned cast iron bath

Discuss Large waste needed for reconditioned cast iron bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DanMac

In a bit of a bind. Spent money reconditioning a lovely old cast iron bath but really struggling to get a waste to fit nicely in the recess. The hole itself is 70mm but the total diameter including recess is 95mm. The largest belfast sink waste has a wide flange that takes it to 85mm but the plumber has warned that the 5mm around the rim will hold water and go stagnant and mouldy etc. We can't use a shower waste because then we cannot use it as a bath and I am hesitant to use a basket sink drainer type waste as it could be a hazard for kids trapping toes in it etc.

Plumber suppliers all tell me to look online but I am getting no where. Any ideas?

I don't suppose you still have the old one ?

If not 2 choices
1. Have one made up as per PriestyUK but I would use brass as it is easy worked & can be plated to match taps.

2. Put in the biggest one you can find, if it is only 5mm around then use a white filler or washer in the gap if you are not confident in using an epoxy type one try a good quality silicon but mask it all up first so you just do the gap & don't make it flush. Scan10016.jpg

I had these ones made up for Ringo's (name dropper) place in London, the original glass basin before every one had them.

What a mere they were to have plated "nickel blow" took a couple of goes to get rid of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Large waste needed for reconditioned cast iron bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock