Discuss Landlord Gase Safe Certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

An extract from GSIUR 1998 regulation 36A - 10 months, we do it like that because of difficult to access properties. Hence no wastage, just accessed and safe properties.

Thanks,
Chris.

Fair enough, Chris. In my head it was 11 months. In my defence, I have not been SE for 5 years so have not done CP12 s for private LL s since the new rules. None the less, I am a little embarrassed.

At least it was on the cautious side, pretty much impossible to keep up with the quantity of legislation these days.

I have criticised others about lack of tech knowledge,and it is important that we DO keep up with legislation. Some stuff is "open to debate", but I was fundamentally wrong. Even having posted a link with the correct info!

But thanks, anyway.

It IS very difficult to keep abreast of tech stuff. I think gas safe have a role in thos, which they are not fulfilling. The 10/12 mnth thing is a good case in point. Some guys are obviously not aware of it - and it may be that I wouldn't know if I did not read the Gas Safe Magazine. But I only see that as I have personal registration as well as the company number. So I get the mag posted to me. Employers get ONE copy, regardless of the number of engineers.

IMO, and at dire risk of repeating myself, GS should be emailing EVERY Tech Bulletin and change of rules to EVERY RGI. Once set up, it costs bugger all, and I really do not understand why they don't do it

Thanks for this update as I am sure many Gas Engineers are just using the old system of 12 months from the date of inspection.

I will call the company again and ask them if they can bring someone out quicker. But will put it un my calendar from 10 months from now so can keep anniversary and avoid issues with access.

Reply to Landlord Gase Safe Certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock