Discuss Ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
After a set that can get us up to gutter, ones that fold up an can fit in back of van no probs..

somebody said Costco ain't bad ?

any suggestions lads ?

Can use class 2 as well BS EN 131 suitable for trade use.

Toolstation do a set made by abru look up to the job treble 2.41mtrs for £119

class 1 are the best but heavy (28kg as opposed to 18kg ) and IMO overkill for occasional use.

Easidec ladders spurs are brilliant as well. £89 but well worth it, you can walk up the ladder about 1.5mtrs with it being away from the wall without it toppling and they adjust easy to uneven ground.

Can use class 2 as well BS EN 131 suitable for trade use.

Toolstation do a set made by abru look up to the job treble 2.41mtrs for £119

class 1 are the best but heavy (28kg as opposed to 18kg ) and IMO overkill for occasional use.

Easidec ladders spurs are brilliant as well. £89 but well worth it, you can walk up the ladder about 1.5mtrs with it being away from the wall without it toppling and they adjust easy to uneven ground.

all the ladder accidents i have seen are with class 2 or cheap tat, buy the best as its your neck on the line

I've got a transit, but I will be downsizing soon to be honest when I go offshore.

i was thinking along the lines of maybe the fold up ladders you can fit in the back easy ?

they will only be getting used to patch around flues on upstairs boilers an any condense pipe work high up

all the ladder accidents i have seen are with class 2 or cheap tat, buy the best as its your neck on the line

Class 2 are suitable for up to 150kg. Ladder accidents happen due to idiots putting them up wrong or using damaged equipment, not because they are not industrial grade ladders. More accidents probably occur because people use class 1 ladders and forget about the fundamentals when using them, they can still slip and still need to be put up correctly regardless of the extra 25kg rating. Carting them on and off the roof rack and safely erecting them also plays a part which is where the 10kg weight saving can help. None of my class 2 ladders bounce much, although they do a bit more than class 1 but its nothing worth worrying about.

all ladders are only intended for short work duration, getting up onto the roof to drop a flue in, or sealing the flue and soldering a PRV on etc. any more than that and should be questioning whether a ladder is the access correct method anyway.

each to their own of course, use what you want but don't try and make out that a class 2 ladder is unsafe in itself as it is untrue.

Last edited:
I've got a transit, but I will be downsizing soon to be honest when I go offshore.

i was thinking along the lines of maybe the fold up ladders you can fit in the back easy ?

they will only be getting used to patch around flues on upstairs boilers an any condense pipe work high up

i don't think they make fold up ladders big enough for that, they normally only extend to 2.5 - 3 mtrs. Personally I wouldn't feel safe on them that high (class 1 or not) I've had a few sets over the years and they are clumsy to put up and there's is no way of checking the locking mechanism as it's all internal to the frame.

I always buy class 1 as a family friend died changing a light bulb over a garage door !
There is a company in wales I forget the name but I think they manufacure their own ladders I bought a 12 tread step ladder delivered for about £80 Which compared to Youngman that I have always bought was a bargain they are class 1 and well made .
Will try and find the name of them .

Wow wish I never bothered with BPS. What a joke, I ordered Monday for next day delivery as I needed some triple ladders for Thursday. Nothing turned up Tuesday, had a message Wednesday saying they will be delivered before 6pm, nothing arrived, not even a slip through the letter box. So this morning i called BPS, they didn't really want to know and gave me DX couriers number.......30 times I tried to call them with no answer. Got another text message from DX couriers saying they will be delivered today before 6pm......nothing again!
I tried a different DX couriers number and got through to another office and the girl didn't want to know and told me to keep trying to get hold of them on the other number but she told there busy as there's only 2 people answering the 5 phones!
Asking for a refund tomorrow morning and going to Toolstation. Complete waste of time company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a new Grandfos UPS3 pump fitted today, and am trying to set it up. I want it on 2nd setting, but having problems. The green light is on...
Replies
Views
A close relative has moved to a new property and there is a small ground floor toilet room with a non working extractor fan fitted to the ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock