Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen Sink Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonnyAlpha

Hi; first post and I am a newbie.

I am fitting my own kitchen using a pre made plan.
i have bought a Howdens Kitchen and along one wall from right to left is an 800mm corner base unit a 500mm base unit followed by a 700mm gap for a Washing Machine.
To save time i am using the existing water supplies and wast pipe.

The problem I have is that I have bought a sink with a bowl with a waste bowl and due to the restrictive space in my kitchen it needs to sit across two cabinets. Before I bought the kitchen I asked if this would be OK and was told that it would be fine.

I have had a play with the orientation and it would seem that my sink needs to sit with drainer to the right, this is to keep the sink bowl central to the window, however this means that although the main bowl sits in the 500mm cabinet the centre waste bowl is slap bang between the two and sits over the join.

My option is to cut down the side of each adjoining cabinet to make space for the waste bowl and U Bend that will sit underneath, I will then run the waste pipe from the waste bowl to the left to join up with the main bowl waste pipe so that the all the pipes enter and exit in the 500mm unit.
Looking at the sink the taps also sit slap bang in the join area so I'll have to cut out the back edge.

As long as I joint the cabinets with bolts with the added strength once the worktop is on how much chopping can I get away with Should I also brace the cabinets together at the rear with some kind plate?

One last question ref the taps, I have bought a Swan Neck tap which comes with two copper fittings for the hot and cold, at one end is a small brass screw thread that sits in the Tap block and at the other is a 15mm copper tube about 10-15cm. Is there such a thing as a flexi tube to avoid having to be absolutely accurate with the pipe work?

TVM

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 17
you can cut a fair wack out of the joining units, however as you say, extra screws for support would be a good thing.
taps, flexible tap connectors are widely available.
one good use for b&q is that you can just browse whats available to help. and some very meager advice possibly.

good luck
shaun

You can get flexi's that are direct replacements for your copper pipes, but there are 2 sizes so take one of them to a plumbers merchant to get the right size.

Sell the 1 1/2 Bowl and get a single.......;)

Would look a better Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen Sink Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock