Search the forum,

Discuss kitchen mono block in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuzzy

gee what a job!

My old mono block mixer was dripping out the body, i couldnt be bothered to split it down and the wife wanted one with an extending hose and spray attachment.

Aldi had some for sale £25 two months ago. We bought one. I reluctantly got out my tolls to do the job yesterday, just a straight swap? Not on your nelly!:mad:

I had to take out the dish washer, remove the sink to get the old tap off. The adapters were 12mm not 15mm, a run to B&Q for adapters! Then every mono block mixer i've done has one bolt to clamp the tap, this had two. The ho;e in the sink wasn't big enough, i had to file it, i couldnt find my half round file and struggled with a flat one, after much swearing and the odd tantrum i managed to fit the tap to find the connex adapters leaking, off comes the sink again to add ptfe onto the cones, put back together and hey presto it works!

thank goodness im off the tools!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
goet what you pay for i guess

any chance of a picture of the tap?

I am usually a fan of aldis stuff they seem to have random home bits in now and then, got a nice floor standing lamp and a mirror from them before

ill try to get a photo later mate yeh. its quite good for the money, just a pain to fit.
I also have an underactive thyroid, everything seems to be hard work

if you look below in the box to reply in clcik 'go advanced'

Then the paper clip icon and go from there depnding on where the image is stored

this work?

Attachments

• tap 001.jpg
    tap 001.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 29
mrs fuzzy has left some utensils in the sink, sorry about that, i'll sort her out when she finishes her 10 hour shift

At 17 stone i dont eat much lettuce, maybe i should, lol

yeh its not bad for the money, hassle to fit, especially when your tools are rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kitchen mono block in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock