Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen mixer tap - how to expose headgear nut? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kubla Khan

Hi everyone.
Hoping someone might be able to help me out with a quick query.

I've got a dripping kitchen mixer tap - which drips only when the hot water is switched on.

I'm presuming it just needs a new washer, but I'm unable to access the headgear nut. I've removed the cap from the tap, but I'm then presented with what's in the pictures below. The tap itself feels like it is still fixed on with a (loose-ish) screw.

Can anyone help me out with advice on how to remove this tap? Thanks in advance. IMG_20160830_222854.jpg
IMG_20160830_222839.jpg
IMG_20160830_222847.jpg
IMG_20160830_222832.jpg

Sorted. :) Didn't feel like it was going to shift, but then it did. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen mixer tap - how to expose headgear nut? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I recently changed the washers on my kitchen mixer tap due to it dripping, I reseated it using a tool but it's still dripping. I have had another go today and on closer inspection of the seat it appears to have a hairline crack. Can this be repaired or do I change them completely...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock