Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Kitchen hot water mixer tap has reduced flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

torq4508

Hello everybody,
Recently my Kitchen hot water mixer tap has developed a significant drop in flow, when turned on a steady but slow trickle of water comes out whilst flowing cold but as the water becomes hotter the flow is almost a dribble, worst still is when the mixer lever is shut off then turned on again there is a loud juddering noise from the pipework and hardly any water flowing, as if the pipe is being squeezed. All the other hot water taps are operating normally.
Hope you can help.

:welcome2:

It sounds like a problem with the tap. Check the washers, one may have become loose and is interfering with the flow.

A common problem with mixer taps suffering reduced flow is sometimes due to a blocked aerator ( the nozzle which makes the water look fizzy). This can easily unscrew and be cleaned out. Another common one is when the flexi feed pipes become kinked and so restrict flow but i should think this will affect either the hot or cold and not both.

Thanks everyone for replying, its not the aerator thats fine, I shall be looking at the flexi hose and tap at some point today, will update as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen hot water mixer tap has reduced flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on...
Replies
Views
Plumber had fitted a new mono kitchen tap. The hot water takes ages to get hot if at all. The on lever hadn’t much turn on it and it’s at full...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock