Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Kit containing common gaskets for oil burners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm thinking of putting together a kit containing a selection of common gaskets used in oil boilers including stuff like Danfoss and Riello pump pressure screw o-rings, pump cover and filter seals, flow switch o rings, heat exchanger fibre washers etc, a bit like the Holdtite washer boxes idea. I have found you often have to buy a huge box of o rings when you only end up needing the odd couple of sizes. Would anyone be interested? Any suggestions about what would be useful to include?

if it was reasonably priced.

i'm sure bunker would be aswell as he's all oil based :)

I have just pasts my oftec and not knowing what common spares to carry kits like this will be a great item to have on the van. Even better if you can then just get each item separately to replenish used items so you don't end up with several box with the same bits left over In them as there not that commonly used.

box of o'rings is only a tenner, I often flog them to builders for a pound each when they come scrounging, they hate me, but as I explain its 5 miles to the nearest store:)

however I have ordered most of the hwos catalogue to cart aroun in the van and it does impress your customers to have the bits needed and not to poke off and have to come back, but you can charge more for the convenience of a warm house :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like LP, I pretty much have everything on the van I need but I guess a kit of each perhaps with a label would be handy. Id buy one, nice idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kit containing common gaskets for oil burners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock