Discuss Keston celcius 25 flue overheat all the time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

texasholdem

Hi i have a Keston Celcius 25 boiler. Due to the nature of my apartment the flue has to exit thru the roof. It passes all safety standards etc.

About every 2-3 weeks the boiler cuts out... the error signal says that the flue has overheated and needs resetting.

I have spent the last year calling a plumber each time and it has got very very very expensive. I watched them last time and essentially they just unscrew the case... then flick the reset thermostat switch. re screw the case and then go on their way having charged me £100.

I realise i can do this myself but am wary of doing it.

Does anyone know what the problem could be as to why it keeps overheating?

Thanks in advance.

the boiler needs a full proper service ie need the burner chamber fully cleaning out as states in the manual the boiler needs to have a co analysis too, please have a look at this web site although a c55 the faults listed and recommendations are similar hope this helps./FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a different gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keston celcius 25 flue overheat all the time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock