Discuss Kamco power flush - Warning stay clear of 2nd hand machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alexmiles

Just brought a 2nd hand C30 kamco power flush machine. Their website claims there is free training but it appears if the previous owner has registered the serial number then no one else is entitled to training. What a mean spirited "computer says no!" bunch of people Kamco is.

Bottom line is don't buy a 2nd hand Kamco power flush without checking the serial number is valid for training.

did you buy it second hand from Kamco?

Just got off the telephone with them. The person I spoke to had no interest in his job. Long pauses and sounded very unprofessional. I tried to be as polite as possible but he had this computer says no attitude.

Got my machine off ebay for £500 so it was not cheap. I feel cheated

unfortunately he's probably right the fact they only sell the appliance once, and thats all the training they need to do, doesnt alter the fact he should still be proffessional and at least push you in the right direction so you can get some training even if you have to pay for it.

ive sent you you a pm check your inbox i have a kamco but dnt need training i bought second hand a while ago so nt sure if its been used but worth a try

I bought a Kamco cf90 brand new £1200. I am entitled to free training. If you paid £500 then you still got a bargain as training only costs £45+vat

Never had a problem with Kamco, always been very helpful & prompt when ordering chemicals.
If you've bought 2nd hand, I wouldn't have expected free training.

I can see everyones point of view.

The person who I bought it of also got it second hand. He was allowed to do the training as the original person who got it never wanted the traing. Its all pot luck

The cost of kamco adding me to their training would be zero as they run courses all year long. Its just this computer says no attitude that gets me

They obviously incorporate the cost of training in the price of the machine. If you bought a third hand telly would you expect it to be under warranty. Pay the £45.

I'm not asking for a warranty I just want to know how to use it to the correct manufacturing spec. £55 inc vat OK maybe I will have to.

Hello Mate,

a mate of mine just did his training and he said the training is a guise, they are more concerned about trying to sell you their other products.

They do not even supply lunch!

And of of course tey would be helpful if you are going to buy something from them but they do not budge an inch when it comes to selling their stuff or the training.

Anyway after all that is said and done i would attend the 'training' just incase I learn something new. Many engneers do not really know how to do a proper powerflush and then say that powerflushing is not that great which is actually not the case.

Cheers

DD

Last edited:
My 2ps worth ,I think that you are in the wrong to expect Kamco to give you free training.

Nothings free in this world! Espically free training on a used machine!!

I bought my Kamco from ebay for £700 with pump adapter, magnaclean magnets, chemicals etc... to be fair to Kamco i emailed them and asked for a new set of stickers to spruce up my machine and they were sent out free of charge :clap:

It's just an over view of there products . You will learn nothing in 1 day . Infact I was kept behind in 2006 and pumped for info . They can only overview their products with you. Real training is on your own flushing systems 1 after the other around your 25 flush if you have seen o/v sealed systems commercial you will be well clued up . Fx2 is the way to go cut Dow time watch for alloy heat x and rads seen many .. Use hyperflush if this is present. View the system give them the price dose with 1 lt of hyperflush get your deposit and eturn seven days later and flush , remember turn boiler temp down and advise use boiler as normal . All -hit mobile and ready 4 flush . Sludge moving in the wrong direction will put the fear of god into it there is a great tip . Hi flow 400 will only flush 1 way or diverter will collapse .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mate,

a mate of mine just did his training and he said the training is a guise, they are more concerned about trying to sell you their other products. They do not even supply lunch!

DD

Rubbish!!!! I attended the training and it was very detailed. Of course they talked about their products, but there was no hard sell or pressure to buy. And they did warn me when I booked that they can't provide lunches.

It's just an over view of there products . You will learn nothing in 1 day . Infact I was kept behind in 2006 and pumped for info . They can only overview their products with you.

Are you sure you were at the right place mate? "Kept behind...and pumped for info"? Hilarious. Perhaps they kept you behind for talking or not paying attention?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Just bought a second hand Kamco for less then 200 pound just rang kamco about training as was prepared to pay the £45 pound they asked me for serial number and found that no training had been done on that machine, told them it was second hand they were fine and very helpful so well done Kamco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kamco power flush - Warning stay clear of 2nd hand machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock