Currently reading:
just over 5mb working pressure on inlet on a vaillant turbomax 282........

Discuss just over 5mb working pressure on inlet on a vaillant turbomax 282........ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
......but 21mb at meter with a pipe run of 22mm for about 5m with 4 elbows and 0.5m of 15mm into boiler!! could this be a faulty gas valve rather than a pipe sizing issue? any thoughts lads?

don't think its a regulator problem as its 20mb at the meter when boiler is on.

probably a blockage somewhere, maybe even carbon build up from main. drop a test point into gas pipework just before boiler iso valve and test. If you still have 5mb then its pipework problems.

:iagree: had a cupl gas valves fill with grime from the gas supply! May be worth as said or removing the gas valve to see if it has a filter and if so if it is blocked :)

Cheers lads.....what fittings do I use to make the test point? Is there a tee you can buy with one built in?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Got to be on pipework, are there other appliances & what pressures are they ?
If they're ok, it's got to be after the tee to that appliance, don't suppose the pipes are exposed [would be too simple!]
If they're low it's before their connecting tee.

Got to be on pipework, are there other appliances & what pressures are they ?
If they're ok, it's got to be after the tee to that appliance, don't suppose the pipes are exposed [would be too simple!]
If they're low it's before their connecting tee.

must admit there is a fire but didn't test that....it wasn't running at the same time as the boiler. Gonna have a word with the landlord and go back spend a few hours there will take out gas valve and check for a filter and fit a test point just under the boiler. if thats no good then i'll put a new gas run in. Thanks for your input lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to just over 5mb working pressure on inlet on a vaillant turbomax 282........ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back