Discuss just over 5mb working pressure on inlet on a vaillant turbomax 282........ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
......but 21mb at meter with a pipe run of 22mm for about 5m with 4 elbows and 0.5m of 15mm into boiler!! could this be a faulty gas valve rather than a pipe sizing issue? any thoughts lads?

don't think its a regulator problem as its 20mb at the meter when boiler is on.

probably a blockage somewhere, maybe even carbon build up from main. drop a test point into gas pipework just before boiler iso valve and test. If you still have 5mb then its pipework problems.

:iagree: had a cupl gas valves fill with grime from the gas supply! May be worth as said or removing the gas valve to see if it has a filter and if so if it is blocked :)

Cheers lads.....what fittings do I use to make the test point? Is there a tee you can buy with one built in?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Got to be on pipework, are there other appliances & what pressures are they ?
If they're ok, it's got to be after the tee to that appliance, don't suppose the pipes are exposed [would be too simple!]
If they're low it's before their connecting tee.

Got to be on pipework, are there other appliances & what pressures are they ?
If they're ok, it's got to be after the tee to that appliance, don't suppose the pipes are exposed [would be too simple!]
If they're low it's before their connecting tee.

must admit there is a fire but didn't test that....it wasn't running at the same time as the boiler. Gonna have a word with the landlord and go back spend a few hours there will take out gas valve and check for a filter and fit a test point just under the boiler. if thats no good then i'll put a new gas run in. Thanks for your input lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to just over 5mb working pressure on inlet on a vaillant turbomax 282........ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock