Discuss Just a show of hands!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

durhamsparky

how many of you plumbers who are Part P defined scope have under taken electrical work beyond the scope your allowed!!

not a witch hunt just curious!!

We are fully approved contractors not part p so we can do pretty much what we like but we also do a fair bit of commercial anyway

aimed mearly at the self employed plumber who needed the part p registration for bathrooms kitchen etc..!! and obviously not wanting to folk out full scope fees they opt for defined scope!

thanks for reply!

i always just get the sparky in, he even told me its not worth bothering with. hes a good sparky and knows his stuff so i just keep using him. simples, probably works out cheaper to.

were's the

'undertakes work within the scope of allowed works' button

I feel Poll worded a bit one sided

The only thing I can not do (in therory)is install a ground floor ring main and new consumer unit,why ,I do not know but seeing how I have no need or desire to do so,it does not bother me

Oh and I can not do electrical certs.why.again, no one knows, as I have to be capable of doing the same tests,pity we did not make the same loop hole on the gas side,would have made things a lot safer

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
"stick to the rules not worth it" by any chance puddles!!!

were's the

'undertakes work within the scope of allowed works' button

I feel Poll worded a bit one sided

The only thing I can not do (in therory)is install a ground floor ring main and new consumer unit,why ,I do not know but seeing how I have no need or desire to do so,it does not bother me

Oh and I can not do electrical certs.why.again, no one knows, as I have to be capable of doing the same tests,pity we did not make the same loop hole on the gas side,would have made things a lot safer

imho

Part P is only for foreign countries as far as we are concerned up here, so i dont bother with it

i got part p defined as part of my plumbing course but to be honest i don't use it as i would have to be registered with one of the schemes and buy expensive test gear which i cannot really afford in the current climate.

aimed mearly at the self employed plumber who needed the part p registration for bathrooms kitchen etc..!! and obviously not wanting to folk out full scope fees they opt for defined scope!

thanks for reply!
I should said I then, I am self employed and I am the representative for all relevant registrations although I do employ only 4 I still class myself as self employed

No body pays my wages etc

i changed the fuse on my playstation 3 and im fully part p, is that ok?

i rewire s and y plans that the sparkies dont always get right, and Im not part p but I do know how to wire up central heating systems, seems daft we arent supposed to and leave it to those who should know how to do it. Dontge me wrong there are sparkies who know there stuff, but quite a few only seem to be able to drop in ring mains in new builds from what ive seen.

I'm Part P defined scope and forgot most of what I learned within a month. I'm scared sideways of electricity but do a few small jobs when I'm totally comfortable. Any more then it's a phone call to and a job for my sparky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just a show of hands!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock