Discuss Jobs you hate doing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yes and another thing that annoys me is when they say they want a service, you get there and the boilers not working, they want a repair and service for the cost of an hours labour.

I'm quite happy with work, but only so long as someone else is doing it instead of me.

changing bath taps. i hate this.

plumber merchants who dont have what you want even when its just a basic plumbing part

eg this morning .....
basin flexi connectors...no
basin tap back nuts..... no
swan neck pan connector...no
bag of iso valves....no

good grief !!!

changing bath taps. i hate this.

plumber merchants who dont have what you want even when its just a basic plumbing part

eg this morning .....
basin flexi connectors...no
basin tap back nuts..... no
swan neck pan connector...no
bag of iso valves....no

good grief !!!

You sure you were in a plumbers merchants?!

i find when you get a run of jobs going fine, more or less to plan, few fun challenges to overcome, pleasant customers who are very pleased, decent pay, you get in your van and think 'this is a good job really. i'm my own boss, doing a sociable job, making decent money, being of service...'

then when you've had a panic, or a serious of frustrations, a spirit-wilting set-back, an annoying customer, feel you've let somone down or let your standards slip, when you end up wasting your time, being called back to the same job several times, then suddenly it's a stressful, unforgiving, combative and often lonely job.

my over-riding opnion of this job - in the relatively brief amout of time i've been doing it - is it is very up and down. but i reckon better up than down than complete predictability (office job.)

and sometimes after a really tough day, when i get in the van mumbling to myself about quitting and giving up, i find when i get home, smarting and throbbing and barely able to walk about, i find i have this sort of buzz. like i may have gone ten rouns with tyson but i'm proud of it. it's a sense of achievement. so yeah, all in all, for now, i'm of the opinion it's a good job.

but let's give it 10 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jobs you hate doing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I am trying to get into a tap to change a washer but havent a clue as to how to do it. The tap is unlike anything I've ever come across. It's...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I purchased a freestanding bath and when I came to cut the holes for the taps I realised the hole for the overflow is misaligned with the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock