Search the forum,

Discuss Jobs you hate doing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikey456

Seeing as we've got a favourite jobs post the things you hate doing

Coring Holes
Cementing round holes
Changing toilets
Changing taps on baths when its extremely tight and you feel like smashing the bath to bits.

Oh jeez dont even remind me, working on a 24CDI to replace the diverter valve. Heat exchanger out, filling loop out, lots of little pins to pull out. Then after getting it all back in it leaks stupid plastic parts! no amount of PTFE or gas seal would stop it from leaking must of had everything in and out of the boiler at least 5 times. We refuse to work on them anymore ended up replacing it with a baxi 105

changing bath taps for sure can be a nightmare, would rather change the complete bathroom sometimes then try to swap the taps when in a tight space.

Soldering, pushfit, compression fittings, taps, WCs, radiators, heating, cylinders, wiring, painting, woodwork, paperwork, driving, talking to customers ...

Soldering, pushfit, compression fittings, taps, WCs, radiators, heating, cylinders, wiring, painting, woodwork, paperwork, driving, talking to customers ...

LOL brilliant but can i add solvent welding and washing machines

Changing PRV's on the new Worcesters - sack the designer!!!!

Also don't like changing the ignitions probes or burner gaskets on Ideal Isar/Icos. Hate it!!

Changing PRV's on the new Worcesters - sack the designer!!!!

Also don't like changing the ignitions probes or burner gaskets on Ideal Isar/Icos. Hate it!!

is that the one,were you cant get at one of the nuts,screws on the right hand side on top of exchanger, there should be a special tool for it, at the very least

Done one wednesday brick wall drilled a pilot hole went through proper easy thought this'll only take 10 mins, came to coring it then took us an hour n a bit engineering bricks the dust kept jamming the thing :(

A crappy blocked toilet filled to the brim with chocolate papier mache

is that the one,were you cant get at one of the nuts,screws on the right hand side on top of exchanger, there should be a special tool for it, at the very least

Its a nightmare matey! I just use my 8mm ratchet spanner and swear my head off!

Last edited:
Tidying my Van , it takes ages and doesnt earn my anything ( allthough I suppose if I didnt muck it out occasionally I wouldnt be able to work ) !!!!!!!!

excellent verdigrey my pet hate i have to change vans next week not looking forward to it

Tidying my Van , it takes ages and doesnt earn my anything ( allthough I suppose if I didnt muck it out occasionally I wouldnt be able to work ) !!!!!!!!

I love tidying my van and giving it a good clean with the pressure washer. Its amazing how much you find when you clean it out. I tend to find loads of change and lots of lighters and it always amazes me how the rubbish from McDonalds seems to hide everywhere!

Changing very old bath and basin taps, digging condense soakways, working off triple ladders!!

Driving, changing syphons on WC (the older type where you have to remove the whole cistern to do so), lagging, shower doors and enclosures, bath panels, triple ladders, working in lofts where they've had the insulation increased to the new recommended height and it's laid across all the joists and pipes.

Generally don't hate too much of our job. Lucky really. Oh I do have one BIG hate.

PAPER WORK!!! ARRRGH!

working in scruffy rented propertys changing bath taps with your head rubbing against the chatty toilet bowl that has never been cleaned, urine smells ouzing from the non covered t&g flooring. finding chicken bones and rat droppings strewn behind the bath panel as you remove it.

or concealled toilet cistern i did the other week, removed panel and there was around 50 used condoms in a pile in the corner just where i needed to work. told the woman to move them, unlucky for her she only moved in the day before.lol.

ah yes, answering the phone, rather be sent to a job than arrange and price it.

working in scruffy rented propertys changing bath taps with your head rubbing against the chatty toilet bowl that has never been cleaned, urine smells ouzing from the non covered t&g flooring. finding chicken bones and rat droppings strewn behind the bath panel as you remove it.

or concealled toilet cistern i did the other week, removed panel and there was around 50 used condoms in a pile in the corner just where i needed to work. told the woman to move them, unlucky for her she only moved in the day before.lol.

ah yes, answering the phone, rather be sent to a job than arrange and price it.

That is hardcore gross. I don't get grossed out easily, but a pile of used condoms. Think I'd have walked. Good on you mate.

Grouting, Coreing, working in very small spaces and off ladders

the one thing i hate more than anything else is going up a 3 teir ladder in awkward spots and then once you get the damn thing up you climb "carefully" to the top and a great big gust of wind hits you from the side, for someone whos scared to death of heights (like me) going up an extended ladder is the worst thing, glad i dont have to do it very often. lol.

other than that i hate finishing off where others left and their work leaks when you liven it up, grrrrr

one of my worst night mares ever is been fouling of a triple ladder ....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

I hate hanging radiators, lost count in the mid eighties of how many Ive hung and I detest it even more now

1. Nightclub toilets after a busy weekend!!!!
2. Landlord Certificate in a big city close to me... Went in an the scruff pit had a lad smoking crack in the front room. Mum walked in an said the eternal words " i only have one rule in this house an thats we don't smoke crack!!!!"
3. Even though i'm a retained fireman i hate ladders!!!!

" " i only have one rule in this house an thats we don't smoke crack!!!!" ------in the morning only .....we do it all day long and all the visitors must have some as well, you self fish :) :) :) "

i hate heights. i hate lofts that aren't boarded. i hate customer supplied ladders to get into said lofts, usually just three steps and very wobbly. i hate inaccessible bath taps. i hate cream carpets when working on radiators. i hate customers hovering over your shoulder.

I have no problems with working at heights, through experince I have found that I hate gravity!! Its a nice feeling when yer actually flying through the air but the trick is avoiding the hard bit at the end of the flight now that does hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jobs you hate doing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi. I believe this boiler can be changed to a system or combi. Does this mean the hot and cold tails have to be blanked off?? Also the horizontal flue does not come with self tappers compared to another brands I've installed in the past.. Im I right in saying it's almost like a pushfit? The...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock