Discuss job pricing?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecorcoran83

someone has asked me to fit an outside tap for them does any 1 know how much i should charge them also a few people need WCs repairing does any1 have any idea of how much i should charge for this aswell as i am just starting out and unsure what to charge people​

Are you a qualified plumber or a handyman who fancies himself as a plumber?

It depends on what work you are doing. I would charge £40 - £50 for an outside tap and thats with a tap kit, like i said though the work on the wc depends on what you are doing, i take it you mean change the ball valve

no just finished my technical certificate level 2 and now doing level 3

It depends on what work you are doing. I would charge £40 - £50 for an outside tap and thats with a tap kit, like i said though the work on the wc depends on what you are doing, i take it you mean change the ball valve
replacing the syphon in both of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if its just private jobs, then charge enough for a couple of beers on a Friday night and treat it as experiance. Say £10 an hour?

Well if its just private jobs, then charge enough for a couple of beers on a Friday night and treat it as experiance. Say £10 an hour?

10 an hour for a plumber? no thanks! ha syphone shouldnt take you any longer than 30 mins if its a close couple, so i would be changing them for £5 a time :eek:

I find the hardest part about changing a siphon on a close couples cistern it getting the cistern off iff the wingnuts have rusted. I'd charge about a tenner an hour or so. keeping in mind you want something for doing it. even say £20 and you provide the material.

10 an hour for a plumber? no thanks! ha syphone shouldnt take you any longer than 30 mins if its a close couple, so i would be changing them for £5 a time :eek:
if your lucky!!!!!!
on a newish one yes.
try one thats been in 15years with rusted out wall screws and wing nuts thats an hour at least.
experience gives you an average time for this job and thats what you charge.+-

REDSAW34;48375. try one thats been in 15years with rusted out wall screws and wing nuts QUOTE said:
Yes ,especially if you have a little chappy,as in your aviator picture weeing up over them for a few years :D

if your lucky!!!!!!
on a newish one yes.
try one thats been in 15years with rusted out wall screws and wing nuts thats an hour at least.
experience gives you an average time for this job and thats what you charge.+-

well put i was going to say the same but adding the old plastic ball valve that the threads have give up on thats why i price for 3 things when i do these [and i seem to do a lot] fluid master twin pack from screwfix[fillvalve and flushvalve and of course a pan fixing kit,i dont bother with siphons any more just convert it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to job pricing?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
S
as i am just starting out im looking for a bit of guidance with pricing jobs. ive got a job to move 2 maybe 3 rads and i am not sure how much to...
Replies
Views
S
hi all just joined here to ask a simple Q how much should you charge to install a outside tap if you T off the cold water through the wall...
Replies
Views
kwakerdude911
K
A
hi everyone As im starting out new to self employment im having great trouble knowing how much to quote customers for the different jobs they...
Replies
Views
G
Just been doing a bit of marketing via some flier drops. I approached an old guy and was very polite, explained we're a new local business so...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock