Currently reading:
job pricing?

Discuss job pricing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecorcoran83

as i am just starting out im looking for a bit of guidance with pricing jobs. ive got a job to move 2 maybe 3 rads and i am not sure how much to charge. dont wanna go 2 cheap but dont wanna be mega expensive either. can any1 help me :)

How long do you think it will take you? 1/2 day? all day? how much do want to earn per day? Plus materials.

£200 a day + £20 materials

Or £250 a day up to you if you just finished training then it may take you 3 days and four floods

ha ha yeah prob will be a flood at some stage. i reckon 1-2 days. cheers mate.

Profit is not a dirty word for a self employed plumber, Iam starting to learn that myself, why not make a bit of profit rather than just a wage. Its the difference between just putting food on the table and walking around in the latest designer threads/treating the wife to a meal out etc.

I'm pricing up a few decent jobs at the moment, first decent sized ones actually, started off at normal 'pop in and fix it' rate and ended up just fixing a daily rate. If I take longer than the days I think it should I'll just have to soak it up and learn to work faster, but if I don't hit 'too' many problems - will be quite happy.

Profit is not a dirty word for a self employed plumber, Iam starting to learn that myself, why not make a bit of profit rather than just a wage. Its the difference between just putting food on the table and walking around in the latest designer threads/treating the wife to a meal out etc.

Sounds good until you mention taking wife out for a meal,thats an argument to drop your rates :p;)

when pricing always remember you can come down in price when going through costs with cust,you can't go up,put a little extra on and be prepared to negotiate a tiny bit,then what you knock off put back on at the end of the job in extra's :confused:;)

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
how long is a piece of string?

could be 1-2 days, could be 4-5 in the worst possible situation - anyone ever tried to work under the floor, against the joists and with laminate glued on top ????

Best go with the day rate then - if i quoted I would look as best as I could and then go in high like puddle said, then there is some room for movement . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to job pricing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock