Discuss Jetting machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicro3

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi all I have worked in the industry for over 30 years but have little or no knwledge of drain clearance jetting etc is there anyone out there who would let me shadow them for aweek to see how its done cheers

Basically it's a messy job, on occasions dealing with nasty smelly stuff. Apart from a strong stomach, you need a fairly high powered pressure washer, a long drain jetting flexi hose, jetting nozzles, supply hose / bowser plus Bailey rods and all the attachments. You also need to be able to identify when drains have likely collapsed and determine the location of any failure / unclearable blockage.

On the plus side, because it's often an unpleasant job you can make a lot of money out of it quickly. My minimum charge for anything which requires the machine is £50 to turn up and nobody has ever complained.

The most expensive piece of kit is of course the pressure washer which will set you back at least £400 for a basic second hand model powerful enough to do the job. (A £99.95 one from Halfords won't!) New ones are about £1,000

Of course drain jetting is just one service offered from my business portfolio. You can go for weeks without being asked, then get a load at once.

The best customers are the commercial ones - farms, business premises etc as they get you back on a regular basis and the jobs are usually big enough to take at least 1/2 a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jetting machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock