Discuss I've snapped external stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

water board had tarmac'ed over external stopcock so couldn't replace internal leKing stopcock

they came out after 3 weeks and put the access grid back in. I opened it up only to find it full of concrete!!! Phoned them back out, the came today and used a crowbar to break up the concrete and remove

i went, turned stopcock off, felt a little iffy. It was still passing, gave it another turn and it snapped the handle off. Didn't use much force at all

They are now coming out to repair as an emergency as occupants have no water.

Many idea if I liable??

Last edited by a moderator:
not as far as I am aware, have you rang them back up?

Yea, I've told them, that's why they are coming out on a emergency callout as customer has not water. First time it's ever happened to me so was just looking for advice

No you're not liable I snapped one a few years ago and thames water came out and fixed it no problems, the fact that it's been concreted in then smashed can't have helped it anyway

No you're not liable I snapped one a few years ago and thames water came out and fixed it no problems, the fact that it's been concreted in then smashed can't have helped it anyway

My thinking exactly!!

it is how you play it - its their stop tap and we 'are not supposed to play with them'

I - as you do sometimes have a few beers with whom would have been call a water board
superintendant - utility area boss man - his take last time we went over this -recently

was they dont want wally w's playing with their kit and the way out is ALWAYS if you screw up

1. just go away and dont go back BUT you can call in with 2
2. In emergencies 'qualified' people can operate their stuff - then call in with you name company etc and all will be ok

Centralheatking

CHK

j a su

They are responsible for the stoptap outside and anything before that.

Anything from that stoptap is the customers.

Well, I couldn't replace the internal leaking stopcock without turning the external one off. The water board ain't gonna fix the internal stopcock so therefore another firm has to touch their property.

i always really careful with the taps and have never broke one but the fact that their own guy took a crowbar to the concrete blockage says it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I've snapped external stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
HI, Closing the internal house Stopcock located under the sink eventually stops water flowing from the kitchen tap or washing machine hose when...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock