Search the forum,

Discuss it horrid at sea and guess who's on call in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

The full timers on holiday so anyone going to sea off North Devon or boating across from Wales, I'll be reet peed off having to go and rescue you!!

Seems Lundy area is suffering from gales, and it looks all rough n scary out there. Still only 3 days of cover, then its almost Xmas :)

Decided tonight that I will do a regular's wc repair am and then tough luck I'm off till Jan, happy xmas one n all :)

Its not right good on land mate, take care out there . It would frighten me to death to go to sea in the conditions you guys do , and i am not afraid to admit it .

me neither :), normally its dark when we go out, so you dont see what its like till its too late :):)

I certainly sleep sound at night knowing Jon's possibly out at sea, cold, wet and piddling himself a little.

Oh, I enjoy that thought!

You'll not have to rescue me for at least a week by the looks of the wind forecast, I'm staying on dry (wet) til at least then

Dont envy you but am proud of all the guys like your self who put your self at great risk to save others nuff said.....Turnpin:smile5:

I wind Jon up because I enjoy it. At the same time I'm full of pride of the RNLI crews.

You must be mad to join the RNLI but I have the upmost respect to anybody who can do it.

I have been surf kayaking in some big surf and it scared the life out of me (until I was coming in on a massive wave then I loved it) but it changed soooo quickly (went from 8-10ft to 15ft plus in 2-5 minutes) needless to say I soon changed my mind and came back in for a cup of tea.

I dread to think what you have to go out in and I know for certain that I couldn't do it.

You must be mad to join the RNLI but I have the upmost respect to anybody who can do it.

I have been surf kayaking in some big surf and it scared the life out of me (until I was coming in on a massive wave then I loved it) but it changed soooo quickly (went from 8-10ft to 15ft plus in 2-5 minutes) needless to say I soon changed my mind and came back in for a cup of tea.

I dread to think what you have to go out in and I know for certain that I couldn't do it.

I can agree with all of that, and still quietly wet myself at the idea that Jon is out at sea when I am warm in bed.

Perhaps there is a god after all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to it horrid at sea and guess who's on call in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock