Search the forum,

Discuss issue with flush pipe falling out of toilet !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k13wjd

hi guys, after a bit of advice here. just installed a vanity unit, from plumbworld - came with a concealed cistern. The pipe from the cistern to the bowl seemed to be 40mm at one end, and 32 at the other. The seal that goes into the pan is a black finned type.

a dummy fit together prior to install showed the seal was quite poorly fitting, and the slightest pull of the pipe removed the entire seal.

is it just a poor quality seal....i really don't want to bodge it up with a gallon of silicone !!!!

any advice welcome, the pipe appears to be straight.

i'd just get another seal. readily available from screwfix, toolstation etc.
silicone generally not needed to seal flush pipe to toilet.

steve

As steve said get a desent quality on,I prefer the rubber ones to the plastic

so i take it that is fairly common then???? shame, as the vanity unit+ WC look well made.

should the flush pipe extend past the seal, IE go right throug the seal, and a good bit into the loo, or just a little in ??? there is about 2.5 inches of extra room to push the pipe in.....

Right, got my new fittings.....3 of them, 2 from b+q, and 1 from screwfix.

SO, i have a clear tough one, PVC at a guess. I have a soft flexable rubber one, at a guess, silicone(wirouin) and i have a EXTERNAL seal, which is defo silicone.....

Anyone want to suggest which one i try first ?...i'm seriously considering using the silicone internal seal, AND the external seal...but thats just me !

Last edited by a moderator:
silicone one would be best to use. before fitting it offer pan up to flush pipe with pipe straight mark on it with pen or pencil where pipe meets back of pan. pull pan away and fit seal up to mark on pipe, any pipe that protrudes just cut off leaving about half an inch. when fitting pan back on, make sure seal doesn't go too far into the back of the pan just level with the back of the hole.

steve

quite hard to do that, as its a flush fitting vanity unit - fear not though, i've just tried them, and ended up using the 99p pvc one from screwfix for one reason.

the silicone one looked the nuts, but when the flush pipe was pushed through it, it didnt make for a tight grip in the flush hole....as where the pvc one is like concrete when its in there, took some serious force to get it over the pipe, then a good push into the wc.

thanks again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to issue with flush pipe falling out of toilet !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock