Discuss Isolation valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

duffsparky

Good morning,

I've noticed some isolation valves are advertised as C x C and some as CP, does anyone know what these acronyms mean and do they have any bearing on quality or performance of the valves.

Thanks.

i don't know what cxc means but cp means chrome plated. i think.

CxC is the valve configeration, basically means compression to compression

when i fish around in my box of compression for an iso and lucky dip my way to one of the sturdy, quality, well-made type that i've bought when at a merchant for £500 each rather 1p each online i get a little thrill and go ooh - what a treat. look at it's strong, defined shape and weightiness. then straight back to the cheap ones.

They doing a pack of 10 decent ballofix's at James Hargreaves for £8 plus vat at the mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Isolation valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get a DCV with an isolator that is WRAS approved? I need one for an outside tap and have limited space so I could do...
Replies
Views
Back