Search the forum,

Discuss Isolate boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Currently on a council roofing contract were access to properties is an issue, I'd personally like all the boilers isolated (vertical flues) whilst the roofers are doing there business. When we struggle to get access they think it's fine to just start anywhere and have the flues checked as soon as possible.

Been searching through regs to find something in black and white that states they need to be off before work commences but can't find anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks in advance

Currently on a council roofing contract were access to properties is an issue, I'd personally like all the boilers isolated (vertical flues) whilst the roofers are doing there business. When we struggle to get access they think it's fine to just start anywhere and have the flues checked as soon as possible.

Been searching through regs to find something in black and white that states they need to be off before work commences but can't find anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks in advance
Show them the current gassafe magazine theres an article in there about a housing association being fined for doing similar thing with chimneys

No access to safely isolate boiler, turn off and cap there gas simple and post a letter through door soon allow you access

All meters inside houses though, is there any regs on this, spoke to gas safe tech and they basically said it's up to me.

All meters inside houses though, is there any regs on this, spoke to gas safe tech and they basically said it's up to me.

I wouldn't be happy chancing it

I wouldn't be happy chancing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Isolate boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Morning, Im in a top floor tenement flat with access to the attic space. I have a combi boiler with flue that emits vertically up through the roof. My kitchen is situated internally with no easy access to an external wall. Could I fit a kitchen extractor that ducts vertically then right angles...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the owner of this boiler is now caught firmly between "not us", "not us" and "not us" - nobody will take responsibility, and just calls into question...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have 28 year old Valiant Combi Boiler in our Bungalow airing cupboard, where the vertical fan flue goes up into roof. As you can see in photo, we need a firestop plate, A) for fire safety B) Hopefully seal around pipe may stop warm air travelling through gap into roof space, and causing...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install. Our old gas combi boiler needed replacing, so we shopped around and got a deal via BOXT. Our understanding is that BOXT then sub-contract to local...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock