Discuss Is this multimeter any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders

I'll be using it for fault finding on boilers...

[DLMURL="http://www.maplin.co.uk/ut60e-rms-autoranging-digital-multimeter-with-pc-interface-46458"]UT60E RMS Autoranging Digital Multimeter with PC Interface : Multimeters : Maplin Electronics[/DLMURL]

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks ok and will do the job.
How long will it last and can you rely on it long term?

Said it time and time again in multiple posts here. Fluke!!

Would not buy anything else. They are the leaders in this game for a reason and as far as I know they still have a 3 year warranty on their standard units. (never needed mine though:wink5:) 114, 115 or 116 should have all the bells and whistles you need.

You will pay 2 to 3 times the price of this, but I am quite sure you will still be using same unit 4, 5 years or more down the line.

if you dont want to spend on a fluke, take a look at the kewtech mulitmeters. Good valve for money.

if you dont want to spend on a fluke, take a look at the kewtech mulitmeters. Good valve for money.
I bought a basic kewtech voltage/polarity tester just as a back up to the fluke. Never needed to use it though:biggrin:. Had take batteries out before they leaked. They do look like ok units as well and have quite a good name.

dont buy the maplin one they dont last

What about this one Steve

[video=youtube;wWtW2Eu2WgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWtW2Eu2WgU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

It is an extech ex505. As i've been know to bounce things off walls, i thought that will do me. It is a good multimeter.

I bought it from here after seeing the video.
Test Meters, Electrical Testing Equipment & Measurement Instruments
you can get a couple of quid off if you put in elecforum as a code.

Well, if you regularly take your mult-meter into the bath with you, use it as a hammer or a wheel chock for your van; that is a good bit of kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this multimeter any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock