Discuss Is this a bypass valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DIYPaul

Hi all,

I'm trying to learn the basics of my heating system. I've stuck my head inside my airing cupboard, and am trying to identify the different components. I'm wondering what the circled component is in the picture below. I've looked at schemas of heating systems that I've found online, and I'm guessing it's a bypass valve. But it doesn't look like any bypass valve that seems to be sold on the internet. Would someone kindly confirm what this is?

Also, assuming this is the bypass valve, would the highlighted pipe therefore be the return pipe to the boiler?

Thanks!

find_the_return.jpg

Not sure why there is a gate valve on the heating side , the one nearest the floor

The pipe you've highlighted looks like the heating flow pipe which hoes up to the air sep, the gate valve on the htg flow shouldn't be there but shouldn't cause prob

Last edited by a moderator:
The by pass pipe has no valve on it under the pump , it is the one that gos under the floor

Re the gate valve on heating system, get a few of them down here, used to get fitted on old basic systems, so customer could turn off heating in summer, poss that youv'e system has been updated in the past, and they have left old valve in place,

Re the gate valve on heating system, get a few of them down here, used to get fitted on old basic systems, so customer could turn off heating in summer, poss that youv'e system has been updated in the past, and they have left old valve in place,

Makes sense. The house is late 50s. I guess it's had a couple of boilers in it's time. The latest was fitted about 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this a bypass valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock