Discuss Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meter reading for fire being on 12 hours is 01714554

apart from when I had it do a test a member suggested for 2 minutes the reading for the fire being on 2 minutes With Fire on full for 2 minutes start 01710433 after 2 minutes 01710450.

and central heating on with fire off for 2 minutes was central heating on full 30 degrees 01710550 after 2 minutes 01710644 is the central heating cheaper than the fire overall.

Based on above readings you have a 28Kw boiler and 5Kw fire if this is not correct either your readings or meter are wrong. Please await others to confirm my maths.

Based on above readings you have a 28Kw boiler and 5Kw fire if this is not correct either your readings or meter are wrong. Please await others to confirm my maths.
I know it's a 30 Kw boiler and was putting out 29.52Kw on the 14/8/15. I don't know what my fire is it's 15 year old mate.

I know it's a 30 Kw boiler and was putting out 29.52Kw on the 14/8/15. I don't know what my fire is it's 15 year old mate.

Time to invest in a new more efficient gas fire then, old living flame about 60%, new gas fire about 85 to 90% , if you were going to replace the boiler, then you have the money to invest in a new fire.

11 pages & I didn't realise the weather had turned cold......still in shorts down here....

11 pages & I didn't realise the weather had turned cold......still in shorts down here....

Same here almost Tropical ! still he does live in Scotland, maybe better to relocate then he would reduce his gas bill !!

If your fire is 15 years old get it certified for compliance, adequate ventilation is most important. Carbon monoxide will kill.

Same here almost Tropical ! still he does live in Scotland, maybe better to relocate then he would reduce his gas bill !!

With all the ailments, cold, niece etc etc it might be better to get in touch with the BBC & get Nick Knowles & his crew round....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock