Discuss Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't get help off anyone" this statement really sums it up for me. You DO get help. A lot of help. The constant visits from gas engineers to your property cost money. Not your money tho. The council or social housing will pick up the tab for that. There's people with real issues in dire need of help but due to too many time wasters playing the system they're unable to receive help. If you can't afford it turn it off. It's that simple. How the hell did people survive years ago?! Really boils me this.
Simple soloution for you don't get involved! And where are the constant visits from the gas man???

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind the gas central heating or the gas fire, reading all ten pages of this makes me want to put my head in the gas oven!
Don't get involved either! Karma's a pig and it will pay you back

Simple soloution for you don't get involved! And where are the constant visits from the gas man???

He's coming to adjust your stat?! They've got more important things to do. Put a jumper on and get over it man.

He's coming to adjust your stat?! They've got more important things to do. Put a jumper on and get over it man.
So ignore the advice I have been given on here no way. And that's 1 visit where's the "visits"

You're one of those blokes on the phone every sodding day because you've got absolutely nothing better to do than waste people's time and money sorting non existent problems. It's a bill to pay, we all have to pay, some much more than others. Tuff.

A gas fire is heating one room
The boiler is heating the house

A gas fire is heating one room
The boiler is heating the house

Yes I know but for the likes of the days I am able to get up I spend it in the living room that's why I am confused as I thought it would be cheaper just to use fire and the central heating at night to take the chill out the bedroom mate before I go to bed. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock