Currently reading:
Intermittent Sewage smell in and outside house

Discuss Intermittent Sewage smell in and outside house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laura-Jane Fox

Hi all. I have been having intermittent sewage small for about 10 months now. It smells inside out kitchen and dining room(open plan) and outside down our drive and in back garden. I have had dyno rod out several times who have done 4 CCTVs, flushed the drains and general checks. To no avail. We have had a plumber inside to check traps and he replaced a few. Dyno rod did put some expanding tubes inside the pipes at the top of the drive (no where near the smell) when the 1st man came he said it looked like all the pipes had displaced but then they only fixed the end of the drive. We do not have a manhole according to dyno rod(it's not visible) as they have looked when doing the CCTV saying it runs straight to the mains. Severn Trent have check all the mains and these are ok... Please help as its driving me mad :(

Yes but before we moved in and before the smells. I thought I might also mention that the majority that we can see have manhole covers up out street. We just don't seem to have 1

From dyno rod looking through CCTV, they said they didn't think we had a manhole as it just runs straight to mains?

O. Any ideas how I would find this out? Also if there is no blockage surely even if I have a manhole, that wouldn't b a problem

Do the drains all run to the front of the house to the road or does yours connect with a neighbour? As in shared drain? Might be worth a call to your local water management company to see if there's any history of problems in the area.

Also, not questioning the plumbers credibility or integrity but perhaps another visit from another plumber to double check all traps in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We were told by dyno rod it looked like they all run to the front n that they don't join with anyone else's. yes I was thinking about another plumber

Sorry I can't help but curious as to how much you've already spent with dyno rod & other plumber. Did it really need 4 CCTV inspections? I'd have thought they'd suss it on first attempt.

simple check, bung in at driveway end, fill drain to road with fresh water till its full and check its water tight, may or may not be, may see water escaping if your lucky. if its water tight, may be a buried manhole cover, compare with neighbours, or could still be faulty traps., worse case neighbours drains through yor property? leaking but least likely

Not our neighbours drains as they are all ok. Not 100% about the manhole but if there isn't a blockage as its draining to the mains fine as far as I know then it shouldn't matter if I can't see the manhole (obviously I would like to no if I have 1.) Severn Trent couldn't help with regards to the manhole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittent Sewage smell in and outside house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock