Discuss Intergas commissioning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Had a guy call me on Saturday saying he had fitted his own intergas boiler and would I check and register it and get him the extended warranty. He was not happy when I told him no and that he should not have fitted his own boiler.

Leo it wasn't you was it

No mate, I can fill in the paperwork, but have no idea what buttons to press in what order.

and good on yer for telling him where to get off.

Last edited:
You should have gone, then apologised that you couldn't do it, then rang the gas provider for an illegal instal and waited for them to cut his gas off. Satisfaction guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have gone, then apologised that you couldn't do it, then rang the gas provider for an illegal instal and waited for them to cut his gas off. Satisfaction guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 you should of went and capped it and phoned gas safe and gas board, and took pics for all of us to look at :D

There may of been nothing amiss with the installation but to ask a gsr to sign it off for the extended warranty is taking the pee.

Doesn't this come under the loop hole that you can fit what you want in your own property as long as your not doing it for gain ! and the only way it will ever be stopped is if the general public are stopped from buying gas appliances, but we all know this will never happen, it's been looked into , but comes under restrictive practice , Have been asked loads of times in the past about doing the same thing, so they can get the warranty on the boiler, not sure how the house insurer would look on customer installing own gas appliance, would they invalidate any policy immediately or just wait until something happened ????? and how meny would tell insurance company in the first place, This just makes a mockery of everything we have to go through do our job.

Doesn't this come under the loop hole that you can fit what you want in your own property as long as your not doing it for gain ! and the only way it will ever be stopped is if the general public are stopped from buying gas appliances, but we all know this will never happen, it's been looked into , but comes under restrictive practice , Have been asked loads of times in the past about doing the same thing, so they can get the warranty on the boiler, not sure how the house insurer would look on customer installing own gas appliance, would they invalidate any policy immediately or just wait until something happened ????? and how meny would tell insurance company in the first place, This just makes a mockery of everything we have to go through do our job.

Been saying this for years only people that can stop this is insurance companies , the whole gas safe ethic is utter shambolic joke.

No, it absolutely won't. Stop kidding yourself.

so how come the likes of Oz dont sell to the public, works ok there, the dear old french are very parochial in their methods, each trade getting permits for their area to work and everyone knows not to use fly by nights and expects a good service.

so how come the likes of Oz dont sell to the public, works ok there, the dear old french are very parochial in their methods, each trade getting permits for their area to work and everyone knows not to use fly by nights and expects a good service.

because they would have to stop selling elecs and then they would go bust

When you say it "works" Lame, what do you mean? Sure, they enforce restrictive practices. But do they have less deaths through CO poisoning? Less hospitalisations per 1000 gas customers? Because if the body count isn't lower then its just the same as the old medieval guilds. And you will happy when you are not allowed to wire a plug, change your brake pads, or go up on a roof unless you are part of the "officially sanctioned mafia"?

I spent a long time recently talking to the countries leading campaigner on CO deaths. She doesn't even rate limiting sales of appliances as being on the scale of things that would reduce deaths.

And in the privacy of the Arms, and after 30 years in this industry, whilst I have seen horrors from non-registered engineers, I regret to say that I have seen more dangerous installs from so called "qualified" engineers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canada is the same but they still have problems. Licenses and permits but still full of cowboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas commissioning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back