Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Intergas Combi Compact HRE 36/30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathy28

I have an Intergas Combi Compact HRE 36/30 (fitted 5 years ago) and despite different Engineers being advised by Intergas UKs technical team I still keep getting f11 faults resulting in no hot water (I have to press reset each time to get hot water again).

23rd January:
Flow switch cleaned.

4th February:
Fitted new PRV and serviced boiler.

6th February:
Fitted new flow switch.

16th July:
Fitted a new MagnaClean P2.
Re-located external filling loop valve.
Drained down boiler and cleaned faulty pressure switch.
Boiler turned on, tested and left working.

10th August:
Drained down boiler and fitted external filling loop, added X100 system inhibitor/protector.
Fitted boiler pressure sensors.
Re-pressurised boiler, tested and left in working order.

8th September:

Isolated cold water to boiler and flushed out water supply pipework, removed and cleaned water flow switch.
Replaced existing main cold water isolating valve as this may increase the water flow rate to the boiler, refitted the flow switch.
Boiler turned on tested and left working.

Does anyone know what will solve the problem of repeatedly getting an f11 fault code?

Many thanks in advance.

Cathy

How good is your mains pressure. Is their a filter connected to the mains supply to the boiler

Is the boiler continually showing 6 to say its in HW mode? even when there is no HW being drawn off.

stick a pressure reducing valve on the incoming cold main for starters

Interesting list of works carried out.

All done by the same company or different?

I wonder what the answer was, got one myself showing F11, so off there Monday to fit a pressure reducing valve, which have the mesh filter built in, so hopefully that will satisfy roger w :). Seems to be a commoner fault as the boilers get older, this one is 4 now, missed the 5 year warranty intro by a few months

I wonder what the answer was, got one myself showing F11, so off there Monday to fit a pressure reducing valve, which have the mesh filter built in, so hopefully that will satisfy roger w :). Seems to be a commoner fault as the boilers get older, this one is 4 now, missed the 5 year warranty intro by a few months

Hi I have worked on these boilers,the issue is similar to other posts on here,it was heat exchanger scaled up,ran fernox scale powder job done,that's the only issue with dual heatexchangers ,as much as plate beds are a pain at least you can find out what the issues r with hot water issues.

I still get f11 and am waiting until i get more info. before spending more money on the problem. thanks

Hi I have worked on these boilers,the issue is similar to other posts on here,it was heat exchanger scaled up,ran fernox scale powder job done,that's the only issue with dual heatexchangers ,as much as plate beds are a pain at least you can find out what the issues r with hot water issues.

I would doubt if any of my boilers have any scale as the water down my way is soft soft soft and we dont get scale, and the fact intergas dont suffer plate hex issues as there isnt one to block and 15mm pipe isnt likely too either, so thats one route I aint worried about.

I would doubt if any of my boilers have any scale as the water down my way is soft soft soft and we dont get scale, and the fact intergas dont suffer plate hex issues as there isnt one to block and 15mm pipe isnt likely too either, so thats one route I aint worried about.

The geezer on the course said they can scale up if it's set up wrong Lame. Something to do with being ran to hot I think.

That is the trouble with dual heat exchangers,like I said in my last post, they can scale up on hot water side due to heating side set up,I go to many jobs that have scale reducers but still have scale issues,if a shower or tap is dripping it will build up,yes LAME your right there isn't a plate heat exchanger on the intergas or new ferrolis but at least you can easily remove and see whats the issue,with hot water performance,if it's got debris in ,you know it's on the rad system giving u an issue,if it's White scale then you can put things in place to prevent issues water softener eg,if it's clear then it's likely to be a sensor/component issue.
Where it's a dual heat exchanger you can't check for any of the above,so if you have changed flow sensor/pressure reducing valve fitted/then you got eliminate the heat exchanger and the only way you can do that is if you isolate boiler and clean via fernox/other make powder cleaner ,as any liquid will just run though any left water passages,where's powder will break it down,Oh and it needs to be warm clean the machines with an immersion heater are the best,
The intergas design is good but if you don't set up the heating side it can scale up.if you give them a call there tell you how to set it up
Hope this helps

That is the trouble with dual heat exchangers,like I said in my last post, they can scale up on hot water side due to heating side set up,I go to many jobs that have scale reducers but still have scale issues,if a shower or tap is dripping it will build up,yes LAME your right there isn't a plate heat exchanger on the intergas or new ferrolis but at least you can easily remove and see whats the issue,with hot water performance,if it's got debris in ,you know it's on the rad system giving u an issue,if it's White scale then you can put things in place to prevent issues water softener eg,if it's clear then it's likely to be a sensor/component issue.
Where it's a dual heat exchanger you can't check for any of the above,so if you have changed flow sensor/pressure reducing valve fitted/then you got eliminate the heat exchanger and the only way you can do that is if you isolate boiler and clean via fernox/other make powder cleaner ,as any liquid will just run though any left water passages,where's powder will break it down,Oh and it needs to be warm clean the machines with an immersion heater are the best,
The intergas design is good but if you don't set up the heating side it can scale up.if you give them a call there tell you how to set it up
Hope this helps

hear what your saying, if I worked in Portsmouth that would be top of my list, but being in an area with absolutely no scale issues, it wont be the answer for me. Plus had a phone call an hour back from custard who is using her insurance to get it sorted, heat team is on the way, waiting for a call in a week or two :)

In the last 2 instances, a prv has solved the issues, just interesting to listen to other peeps thoughts as this one has been fine for a good period and it was fine a month back when it got serviced all running sweet then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
My only solution is replace boiler with a much better quality one
regards

Just hope any of your customers are not on here a grumpy plumbs!the intergas range is good,and with only 4 moving parts, any issues and it's just a thought process.
No boiler manufacture is perfect for example some have a good product but dreadful service,and vise versa. I have fitted all but main and atag, and the big boys r good until an issue crops up and you just hope the service engineer wants to fix and get you up and running which isn't the case for a few manufactures.
I'm sure cathy will get it sorted!!

In the last 2 instances, a prv has solved the issues, just interesting to listen to other peeps thoughts as this one has been fine for a good period and it was fine a month back when it got serviced all running sweet then.
What was the pressure and what did you set it to after fitting the PRV?

Is it worth fitting a few pipe fittings to make it easy to insert the Fernox descaling powder into the DHW side of the Heat X? If so what do people on here suggest?

It may not have but if it involves touching the boiler we don't give out that info read the forum rules

Yes it did in post 25, it involves the hot water and if you know that boiler then you'll know that it's a dual hex

And if you read the forum rules you'll find out why I've closed this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas Combi Compact HRE 36/30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock