Search the forum,

Discuss Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Does anyone have insurance if you can't work via illness/injury etc.?

Any good? How much? What companies etc.?

Cheers

Rct

Not me. I did look into it when I started but it seemed so expensive and very limited in terms of what you could claim that I decided it wasn't worth it.

Stick thirty quid a week in a jar and keep going until the rainy day arrives.

If I had a mortgage I would be more concerned.

I wouldn't bother with it mate.

Having just bought a house, my mortgage advisor tried to sell me so me insurance like this.

She quoted me something like ÂŁ42 a month for ÂŁ1800 a month cover should I become ill.

At at first I thought it was worth it, and having done some of my own research found a quoted for ÂŁ20 a month for ÂŁ1300 a month cover, which would have easily covered my bills should I be ill.

THEN I READ THE SMALL PRINT :-(

I had to be "unable to work" for 6 weeks before I could claim and even then I could only claim for certain period of time.

I found this pretty pointless really, if you broke you're arm/leg or had a minor illness or something, you'd be back at work by the time you where able to claim and of you where long term ill, then you'd have to stop claiming after a certain number of years.

In the end I left it and I'll take my chances.

Its not like I live week-to-week when it comes to money anyway, and I'll always have a few months worth of bill Money in the bank.

too much small print involved in most covers I looked at and bleedin expensive for what you dont actually get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock