Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Installing dishwasher - splitter needed? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Tom Bigglestone

Tom Bigglestone New Member

Hi all,
    Would someone mind looking at the photo below and telling me if I need anything new to install a dishwasher? Our washing machine is fitted in - would I need to split the water supply to include the dishwasher? Apologies if that's an obvious question - I've very little knowledge here.
    Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

IMG-5700.jpg

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What is this?

14F96A34-27AF-4826-A910-2484BBEA77A2.jpeg

3. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Its one of those crappy DIY self cutting appliance valves, they are crap and restrict the flow. Hate them and usually replace with a proper fitted w/machine valve.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Harvest Fields

Thought it was, but if the OP has no diy experience then the inlet hose could attach here. Where does the wastepipe for the washing machine go?

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  5. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Hi Tom, it looks like you could fit the dishwasher to the spare valve fitted that Harvest has circled, the waste could feed into the hockey stick upstand just to the right of the valve.

6. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

Isn't that "Spare" possibly the now unused Hot?
    There seems to be a lot going on under there, better photo needed

7. Harvest Fields

Shouldn’t really go into the same waste. I would make the pipe bigger if you are going to do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Harvest Fields

Possibly but it is blue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tom Bigglestone

Tom Bigglestone New Member

Thanks for all your replies - appreciate you taking the time to help!

• Like Like x 1