Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Im i mad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

expat

Hi all first post hope your all friendly (no tin hat needed) Ok i am from the uk originaly but moved to Romania 3 years ago and live in a lovely rural area but winters get so cold and with two small children we need heat.We have a vast amount of firewood for free (almost) Ok i installed an LPG combi boiler and used plastic 20mm pipes to run to the radiators and has run fine and kept the house warm for two years,ok so the problem simple realy it costs a fortune to run sooooooooooooooooooo at long last we get to my question.
I want to install a wood burner with back boiler but still keep my LPG boiler also,so all you experts help me if you can,is it possible to connect the two together so i get the best of both worlds or am i totaly insane :confused:
Any help advice taken on the chin like a man:eek:
thanks in advance

some one else has just asked the same question run through the lists and find it theres a link to something call a neutraliser

Try the Dunsley website, they've got some good stuff on there. you can also try Parkray, Rayburn. And even the Solid Fuel Association.

When you get a clearer idea of what you want and if you need any more help come back on.

Good Fortune

Try the Dunsley website, they've got some good stuff on there. you can also try Parkray, Rayburn. And even the Solid Fuel Association.

When you get a clearer idea of what you want and if you need any more help come back on.

Good Fortune

Thanks for the replies thought i did explain:confused:

What I meant was the sites mentioned would give you some ideas as to what is possible with your system.

After you have got some ideas from them come back on if you like or need further help.

Don't forget connecting a combi to what for all intents and purposes would probably be an open vent system is not something one does every day, they usually behave as two separate units.

Also solid fuel fires are notorious for their control problems.

But there is probably no reason why you could not do something.

Its just that its probably better and safer for you to get the information from an actual manufacture whose literature you can refer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
does this help at ?.all.

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 47
does this help at ?.all.
No sorry that makes no sense to me:confused:

This might explain what i want to do as i said i have the LPG Combie installed
Boiler stove central heating and hot water simple vented installation
Anyone help
This is a bit basic in info but its how i wanted to run it,but i would need to install another pump as the one running the gas boiler only runs when the LPG boiler is running ?

And what i am thinking is when the wood burner is running at full pelt it will store any excess hot water in the tank ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is update,
all fitted and working very well,LPG boiler on timer to come on at 5'oclock in the morning to top up the central.
Done safety test ie unpluging pump when fire was on no problems as fire took the excess heat away from internal boiler coil.
Thanks for the guys on here (only a couple) who gave me good advice and to the ones who posted daft unhelpful stupid advice:p

All fitted with 20mm plastic pipe no problem as i used brackets every 10 inches

all the above advice is good advice, you just have to understand it. as for clipping your pipes every 10 inches remember plastic expands 20 times more than copper, if it has nowhere to move to it will pop.

all the above advice is good advice, you just have to understand it. as for clipping your pipes every 10 inches remember plastic expands 20 times more than copper, if it has nowhere to move to it will pop.

Just read through it all and the stupid comments have gone :rolleyes:
ive cliped them so they dont go like spaggehtie :D

Expat can you be more specific on how you solved the problem of combeing two systems as i am looking at a wood burner linked to a combi boiler , cheers

Expat can you be more specific on how you solved the problem of combeing two systems as i am looking at a wood burner linked to a combi boiler , cheers

No problem ???? i have linked the boiler of the wood burner into the combi as if the wood burner was a radiator in easy to understand terms the pipe that would return (cold) goes into the bottom of the wood burner and the hot out of the top.I have also fitted a pump,two pressure relief valves and put a 30ltr expansion tank above the wood burner in the loft and last a pressure/temp gauge.
How it works ????????
Lets say we come home after being out all day we put on the combie set @ 25deg in the mean time light the wood burner,when the wood burner gets going the combie cuts out and when the wood burner dies down the combie cuts in.I have non stop heat now if i wish and i will recover the costs of the wood burner and plumbing parts after one winter.
Most said it couldn't be done but i have and very very happy with the system.
Forgot to say i made the serpent for the inside of the wood burner with 25m of 20mm steel pipe,good luck and stay warm;)

Sorry to be dim but is there anyway you could do a drawing of your setup as i cant quite picture it in my minds eye , cheers for any help .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Im i mad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I recently moved into a flat with a Worcester Bosch CDi 35 Compact (or Classic System maybe?) and the thermostat on the boiler was broken (the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock