Discuss illegal to open case unless gsr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 76
OP has a point, its is own boiler, in his house, and this is a very grey area, can he do what he wants in is own house ? and who would enforce his decision if he removed the case, countless people do it ! I don't think that these rules are made clear to the general public, and has anyone ever been prosecuted for doing what the OP wants to do with there own property, a lot of these rules only seem to apply if its being done for gain (Being charged for) I stand to be corrected !!

You're probably referring to your thread that I closed down.

As Riley said above, many cases form part of the combustion seal. We don't expect you to know which ones and, to be honest, we can't be bothered to wade through the hundreds of manufacturers instructions to answer each query.

So we take a wide and sweeping view on the matter. Same goes with pcbs as many of these need setting up after replacement.

At the end of the day we try to take a responsible position with regards to your safety which occasionally means telling you to stop and get someone in.

Normally people this happens to get snippy and either pm us or spam us resulting in a ban.

However, you've asked a reasonable question and accepted the answer. Thank you for that.

You're probably referring to your thread that I closed down.

As Riley said above, many cases form part of the combustion seal. We don't expect you to know which ones and, to be honest, we can't be bothered to wade through the hundreds of manufacturers instructions to answer each query.

So we take a wide and sweeping view on the matter. Same goes with pcbs as many of these need setting up after replacement.

At the end of the day we try to take a responsible position with regards to your safety which occasionally means telling you to stop and get someone in.

Normally people this happens to get snippy and either pm us or spam us resulting in a ban.

However, you've asked a reasonable question and accepted the answer. Thank you for that.

Nicely said croppie, I understand you get some right shirty nutters on forums :)
I'm booking a guy to come and do it next week. And now I know more than I did this morning I can politely inform people in the pub that they are wrong. I bet most people don't know that the case can be a functional component. Cheers chaps.

GSIUR 26/9 covers it. No grey area afaic.

26/9 Where a person performs work on a gas appliance he shall immediately thereafter examine—

(a)the effectiveness of any flue;

(b)the supply of combustion air;

(c)its operating pressure or heat input or, where necessary, both;

(d)its operation so as to ensure its safe functioning,

and forthwith take all reasonable practicable steps to notify any defect to the responsible person and, where different, the owner of the premises in which the appliance is situated or, where neither is reasonably practicable, in the case of an appliance supplied with liquefied petroleum gas, the supplier of gas to the appliance, or, in any other case, the transporter.

Causing Death or serious injury is an offence, no matter what the method used.

All well and good , but it wont stop Mr average looking up how to fix his boiler or whatever they want to mess around with, the information is out there, the necessary parts are sold to whoever has the cash no questions asked, Its all well and good quoting this rule and that but most people don't know or care ! We all know quite a few people that do gas repairs, install there own boilers/fires or whatever and has long has they can buy what they want it will never be stopped, go into any DIY outlet, Plumbers, merchants, internet sites, gas products are available to everyone, no one askes what experience or qualifications do you have , just give me your money ! and to repeat it will never be stopped, because they say it would be restrictive practice,

Reply to illegal to open case unless gsr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock