Discuss illegal to open case unless gsr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

J

jonw

can someone show me where it is written in law that it is illegal for a homeowner to remove the case of their own boiler unless they are gsr? not touching any gas parts just looking for leak in cold water supply.

The reasoning behind it is that on many boilers the case forms part of the combustion seal.

As a consequence if you remove it you have no means to test to make sure it's been installed again properly

The reasoning behind it is that on many boilers the case forms part of the combustion seal.

As a consequence if you remove it you have no means to test to make sure it's been installed again properly

Thanks that is a proper useful answer.

I'm not sure from typed wording if that's sarcasm or not but that is the reason it's pretty cut and dry

I'm not sure from typed wording if that's sarcasm or not but that is the reason it's pretty cut and dry

No definitely not sarcasm. It was a really useful answer because now I understand why which is better than just knowing the rule. Many thanks.

I am a truth seeker and would never use sarcasm.

Riley, I dont suppose do you happen to know if that is the case for the greenstar 24/28i junior? No probs if not I'll ask my gas safety guy on his next visit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 77
Riley, I dont suppose do you happen to know if that is the case for the greenstar 24/28i junior? No probs if not I'll ask my gas safety guy on his next visit.

Yes it is as there's no secondary case for the gas parts

Yes that is a nice picture. Obviously I know working with gas is dangerous. Which is why I asked the question which was to yield a discussion to figure out what constitutes 'gas works' as apposed to plumbing. Riley's answer superbly and succinctly cut straight to what I needed to know. Your picture is clever, even funny but not actually very helpful.

Reply to illegal to open case unless gsr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock