Search the forum,

Discuss Idiots guide please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mr sheen

Hi,

I've recently had the meters changed to pre-pay meters and unfortunately the gas ran out overnight. The installer didn't show me how to light the pilot light and I'm really struggling as I am not mechanically/technically minded at all. It is a Baxi Bermuda 552.

I'm sure it's straightforward, but I've looked at it before I left for work this morning and I'm not sure what each button does and I'm (hopefully understandably) a bit scared of doing the wrong thing.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Shaun

Did he not leave you a user manual or any paperwork, have you tried to download the user guide?

Push in and hold the 10p sized grey button, then push the 5p sized (usually) orange igniter button, keep sparking the igniter till pilot lights, hold grey in for 20 seconds then release if pilot stays on turn heating back on, if pilot goes out hold grey in and spark again

And after a few tries it doesn't work, call in a Gas Safe registered engineer to have a look at it?
Out of curiosity, do you have a Carbon Monoxide detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Idiots guide please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock