Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying capped off pipework? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. How do you guys identify the hot and cold pipe work that's been capped off after a bathroom rip out? One of our guys forgets every time to check whether existing install is correct (cold on right, hot on left). Pipes on current job can't be traced back. Combi system.

It's a combi,
isolate cold to boiler then you will only have flow at the cold tap.

Maybe get a power flushing machine and pump drain dye down one of the pipes and see if it comes out the hot or cold kitchen sink tap...obviously use a green dye as a red or blue one could be confusing..

:conehead:

Maybe get a power flushing machine and pump drain dye down one of the pipes and see if it comes out the hot or cold kitchen sink tap...obviously use a green dye as a red or blue one could be confusing..

:conehead:

You ever heard the term over engineered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identifying capped off pipework? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my dishwasher. I assume the washer may need a replacement. Anyway I cannot for the life of me turn the water off I.e at this cap. I understand I should turn...
Replies
Views
I’m doing a bathroom refit, and there’s some strange pipework design that I’d like some advice on, please. I want to remove the cold water pipe running through the loft space because I would rather avoid having a cold water pipe buried under the loft roll insulation. Instead, I’d like to reuse...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant pipes. Since then, my boiler (pretty new Vaillant combi) turns on when I turn the cold water on. I’ve done some reading and it seems like the problem is...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
Moved into a property and trying to identify what these taps are: Photo: The tap/pipe on the right has a line coming off of it and it looks to be Gas. What's the one on the left, water? Strange as I think the water main runs directly into the Kitchen Thanks,
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock